Call us on (07) 3817 3000
Send us an online enquiry
About The Bremer
The Bremer Institute of TAFE will meet the vocational training and education needs of its customers through the provision of accredited and customer valued training and education, and an efficient work environment.
Established in 1891, The Bremer Institute of TAFE was previously known as the Ipswich College of TAFE - one of the earliest Technical and Further Education facilities in Queensland.
A number of centenary celebrations held during 2001, highlighted the valuable role that Ipswich Campus has played. The stately building located in the heart of Ipswich continues to serve the needs of the community today.
Bremer's teaching and support staff have the experience to custom design training programs to meet the changing and highly individual needs of business and industry.
To ensure that our teachers are kept abreast of changing industry trends and developments, the Institute has embarked on a significant industry release program for its entire educational delivery staff.
This guarantees that students are provided with the most up-to-date skills and knowledge. This, in turn, makes our graduates highly attractive to employers because of their 'job readiness'.
Campus locations serve the growing training needs of Brisbane's burgeoning population in the southwest corridor. This area includes the rural shires of Esk, Boonah, Laidley and Gatton, the City of Ipswich and the western suburbs of Brisbane. The region covers an area of approximately 8027 square kilometres, with a population of over 200,000. The Bremer Institute of TAFE offers ideal open spaces, easy access to modern city life, excellent public transport and a strong, supportive local community.
Ipswich provides the very best city, town and country living. It is Queensland's oldest provincial city, and as such, has more than 2000 heritage homes and buildings dating back to 1858. The Ipswich City Council is continuously undertaking exciting and progressive projects that will ensure the region, with its diverse range of cultures and lifestyles, remains a great place to live, study and work.
Cutting edge services and facilities
In the development of the technologically smart City of Ipswich, Bremer TAFE strives to provide facilities that allow students to develop the special edge required in today's employment marketplace. These include:
- modern graphic arts centre, equipped with the latest computer technology and multimedia resources
- purpose-built training restaurant, bar and kitchen that enables students to cater directly to the public
- information technology laboratories
- well-equipped automotive and engineering workshops
- horticulture centre, including an operating commercial nursery
- modern hair and beauty salons, where students provide services directly to the public
- modern, fully equipped construction facilities
- air-conditioned auditorium and theatrette
- on-line training facilities and library/resource centres
- migrant English language training centre
- purpose-built child studies learning centre
- client support services
- access to a registered childcare centre adjacent to the Institute's Bundamba Campus
- on-the-job delivery.
Apprenticeships and traineeships
Apprenticeship and traineeship programs provide quality workforce training to ensure the continued availability of skilled tradespersons in Queensland. Industry recognises the benefits our students bring to their workplace through up-to-date skills and awareness of new technologies learnt during their formal training with Bremer TAFE. Training can be tailored to suit individual business needs. Programs are offered in a range of areas including: Building and Construction, Child Studies, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Forest Products, Hairdressing, Horticulture, Hospitality, Information Technology, Office Administration and Warehousing.
The Bremer Institute of TAFE is proud of the strength of the many training partnerships it has formed with organizations all over the state, interstate and internationally. Our strong links with industry enable students to gain practical, on-the-job experience through placements at a variety of locations. Students also benefit from training workshops provided by industry professionals.
Bremer's educational teams are highly innovative in their approach to training delivery. They make training easy for clients by:
- providing training and assessment in the workplace for employees, including trainees and apprentices
- developing on-line programs and video training packages
- developing self-paced training packages that allow clients to fit their studies around work, family and personal commitments
- providing rolling starts or flexible entry and exit to programs
- fast-tracking students who already have sound industry experience by letting them demonstrate their capabilities using on-the-job projects rather than undertaking traditional assessment processes
- accelerating students' pathways to formal qualifications by using recognition of prior learning processes
- holding vacation schools
- providing gap training to help clients gain industry accepted qualifications.
Learning Support and a range of Students Services are an integral function provided to Bremer TAFE students. These include: counselling, student networking, disability support and international student support.
The Bremer Institute offers a range of non-accredited short courses to upgrade skills and cultivate creative talents on a part-time basis in a relaxed, non-competitive learning environment.
The Bremer Institute of TAFE operates to strict international standards and holds AS/NZS ISO:9001:2000 certification.
Our unwavering adherence to quality management, together with our high standards or accountability, guarantees that our clients receive the very best in vocational education and training.